Friday, October 10, 2008

Blue Ribbon Quilt

I promise I will not post another thing about this quilt. Ever! I decided that I wanted to enter this Christmas tree/Jack-o-lantern quilt in the fair this year. I had actually made a New Year's resolution to put a quilt in the fair this year but this quilt was not the one I had in mind when I resolved to do that. I decided that any quilt still counted and since this one was finished that would probably be best.I was actually a little disappointed to see it when we got there b/c I really wanted the Jack-o-lantern side to be displayed much more than the Christmas tree side. I was so much more happy with the other side, but I guess unless you spell things out for people they do whatever they want. It was grouped with a few other Christmas items anyway. But the other thing that was disappointing (sounds like getting a blue ribbon is disappointing to me but, no. That part was exciting. The best part is that I will get a check in the mail for a whopping $3! Woohoo! Now I can get that quilting machine I have been wanting.) anyway, the other disappointing part was that the blue ribbon was turned around and the tag with my name on the display was nowhere to be seen. Hopefully when I go to pick it up on Sunday they will let me have it.
I crawled up the blocks to turn around the blue ribbon and stood there for a picture. If there weren't just a few people constantly walking by I would have probably taken the liberty to turn the whole quilt around to show the pumpkin, but I was not that brazen. As you can see I added some embellishment to the tree to make it more attractive. Don't love it but don't hate it either. It was right after this that we lost Bronson.

No comments: