Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On To The UFOs!


I like how it looks with the red walls.
Well, I finished this shelf today...It took more hours than I thought were left on it but just a bunch of elbow grease stuff here and there. I am not very satisfied with it. The picture won't show the mistakes, scuff marks etc. But let me assure you there are alot!
It used to be a light colored wood veneer. It was getting a little ratty looking so I thought before I got rid of it and got a new shelf (which we can't afford right now) I would attempt a make-over. I have a book that shows how to do that kind of thing and I followed the instructions and this is how it turned out. The total cost might have been around $30 since I bought a new board for the backing and the trim. I already had the paint and hardware. Plus since we were given this shelf for free a few years ago it was really an inexpensive project. I used a very light gray paint on the inside and white paint on the trim and outside. All the trim is new. It did not have any before. I was happy with the process, but the end result was less than I thought. I really wanted it to look like I bought it this way. I am not sure I will do something like this again.

No comments: